Sprinternships™ are Break Through Tech’s flagship micro-internship program.
Sprinternships™ are a must-have for any company serious about increasing gender equality and diversity in tech. They are a proven, innovative, low-risk way for you to fill your early career and entry-level tech talent pipeline with women from diverse racial and socioeconomic backgrounds.
All Sprinternships™ are built around several common features:
- Students work in collaborative teams of five peers for three weeks during their academic recess
- Sprinternships™ are national in reach — employers are matched with students based on their regional recruitment needs
- Employers can host Sprinterns™ virtually, in-person, or hybrid
- Sprinterns™ tackle a real business challenge posed by their host company — see sample challenge projects
- Employers introduce students to their business, culture, and operations
- Sprinternships™ can serve as a pipeline for a company’s summer internship or entry-level jobs
Bring Sprinternships™ to your company
Over 150 companies have chosen to host Sprinterns™, and student demand for the program continues to grow. If you’re interested, contact us, complete our Get Involved Form, or join one of our monthly Info Sessions.
Employer Info Sessions: Sprinternships™ Overview
What success looks like to us: Achieving Greater Gender Equity in Tech
As seen in:
“I gained paid, practical experience in just three weeks. It was invaluable in helping me land a summer internship.”
– Starasia Wright, she/her, Break Through Tech Alum and CUNY Hunter College Graduate