Sprinternships™ are Break Through Tech’s flagship micro-internship program.
Sprinternships™ are a must-have for any company serious about increasing gender equality and diversity in tech. They are a proven, innovative, low-risk way for you to fill your early career and entry-level tech talent pipeline with women from diverse racial and socioeconomic backgrounds.
All Sprinternships™ are built around several common features:
- Students work in collaborative teams of five peers for three weeks during their academic recess
- Sprinternships™ are national in reach — employers are matched with students based on their regional recruitment needs
- Employers can host Sprinterns™ virtually, in-person, or hybrid
- Sprinterns™ tackle a real business challenge posed by their host company — see sample challenge projects
- Employers introduce students to their business, culture, and operations
- Sprinternships™ can serve as a pipeline for a company’s summer internship or entry-level jobs
Bring Sprinternships™ to your company
Over 150 companies have chosen to host Sprinterns™, and student demand for the program continues to grow. If you’re interested, contact us, complete our Get Involved Form, or join one of our monthly Info Sessions.
What success looks like to us: Achieving Greater Gender Equity in Tech
As seen in:
“I gained paid, practical experience in just three weeks. It was invaluable in helping me land a summer internship.”
– Starasia Wright, she/her, Break Through Tech Alum and CUNY Hunter College Graduate